2010 Transportation Plan
In 2007, Peachtree City Engineering and Fayette County Public Works Departments began the process of preparing a new Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) for the County. The 2010 Plan builds upon the findings and recommendations of the 2003 CTP, but independently assesses all recommended projects and includes a stronger emphasis on the relationship between land use and transportation.
What is included in the CTP?
Significant components of the 2010 CTP include an inventory and assessment of transportation and land use conditions, public outreach, identification of city projects, evaluation and assessment (including use of the Atlanta Regional Commission's Travel Demand Model), and plan recommendations.
How was the CTP funded?
The 2010 Comprehensive Transportation Plan is substantially funded by the Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP). The Atlanta Regional Commission is responsible for allocating the STP funds to local governments within its region and establishing minimum criteria for the scope of work associated with CTP development. The STP funds require a minimum 20% local match, which is paid by Fayette County.
- Table of Contents and Glossary Terms (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Executive Summary and Transportation Action Plan (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Inventory and Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Public Outreach (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Candidate Projects and Design Approaches (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Evaluation and Assessment (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Plan Recommendations (PDF)
- Appendix A - List of All Candidate Projects Considered (PDF)
- Appendix B - Summary of Public Outreach and Input (PDF)
- Appendix C - Candidate Project Descriptions (PDF)
- Appendix D - Travel Demand Model Outputs (PDF)
- Peachtree City - Resolution to approve CTP (PDF)
Fayette County Public Works Department | 770.320.6010
Email Fayette Forward
City Staff contacts regarding transportation plan
Dave Borkowski, City Engineer
Email Dave Borkowski
- 2007 Peachtree City Transportation Plan (PDF)
- 2011 Multi-use path master plan map (PDF)
- 2011 Multi-use path evaluation matrix (PDF)
- 2011 Multi-use path map aerials (33MB) (PDF)
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.