Lakes & Fishing
Peachtree City has three beautiful lakes that offer scenic views and recreational opportunities, and serve as water sources for Fayette County.
- Lake Peachtree: almost 240 acres
- Lake Kedron: approximately 240 acres
- Lake McIntosh: approximately 650 acres
Anyone 16 or older fishing at any location in Peachtree City must have a valid Georgia Fishing License issued from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. These may be obtained locally at the Peachtree City Wal-Mart (Highway 54 West) or online.
Boaters must follow the restrictions applicable to each lake (see below). All mechanically propelled boats must be registered with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (PDF) (except for sailboats less than 12 feet in length), and boaters must comply with GA DNR operating requirements, including life preservers, age requirements for driving, etc.
- Lake Peachtree and the ponds throughout the community are owned by the City of Peachtree City and are reserved for Peachtree City residents and their accompanied guests.
- Public Access to the lake is via the boat launch on Battery Way.
- Swimming is permitted by Peachtree City residents and their accompanied guests from the public boat launch on Battery Way. WARNING: Swimmers may not be visible to boaters - safety boat or a highly visible flotation device required if swimming more than 100 feet from shore.
- Non-gasoline powered boats are permitted via the public launch located on Battery Way
- No gasoline powered boats (except for residents between the western shore of the lake and Hip Pocket Road who meet Lake Peachtree Association requirements - Association sticker required).
- Lake Kedron is owned by Fayette County and is available for use by the general public.
- No Swimming.
- Public access to the lake is via the boat launch on Peachtree Parkway North.
- Electric powered boats are permitted via the public launch located on Peachtree Parkway North.
- No gasoline, hydrocarbon, or alcohol fueled boats.
- County-owned lake, boat launch, and park for use by Fayette County residents ($10 fee for non-county residents).
- NO SWIMMING
- Electric powered boats are permitted via the public launch located on TDK Boulevard.
- Gasoline, hydrocarbon, or alcohol fueled boats are prohibited.
- Fayette County Water System - additional park rules and map
- All boats must meet the State registration requirements, including decals.
- Boat operators must comply with GA DNR operating requirements, including life preservers, age requirements for driving, etc.
- Fishing is permitted. A State Fishing License is required for those age 16 and over.
- Removal of Grass Carp "Amur" is strictly prohibited. Amur can be identified by its silver-gray color and elongated body. They can grow up to 35 pounds.
- Commercial activity is prohibited (i.e. the teaching of sailing, or skiing, or renting paddle boats or canoes).
- Any person who violates the rules shall be subject to fines and penalties not to exceed the limits established for the municipal court of the city.
- Reserved for Peachtree City residents and their accompanied guests.
- Fishing in city ponds is permitted (Huddleston, Three Ponds, etc.). A State Fishing License is required for those age 16 and over.
- No Swimming, wading, scuba diving, or any other bodily contact with pond water (with the exception of official training activities by the county and/or city dive teams).
All Parks and Recreation Areas
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in any city parks.
- No soliciting or peddling.
- No posting of signs.
- No littering.
- Pets must be leashed unless posted.
- Clean up after all pets.
- Park and facility reservation information