Projects requiring a permit must not be started until after the permit has been approved, paid, and picked up. Any work that is performed prior to this will result in a Stop Work Order and double fees.
Review times are usually 3-5 business days for residential permits and 10-14 business days for commercial permits. All permits must include:
- Construction plans (sometimes called Building Plans)
- Site plan drawn on a plat or survey. Make sure to label distances from property lines, easements and existing structures.
- Approval letters from the Fayette Water Authority and the Peachtree City Water and Sewer Authority (WASA) for all new homes, commercial buildings, and commercial building alterations.
Additional requirements differ based on the project type and property location. For specific information, please contact the Building Department listed in the right menu bar.
Plan review fees shall be paid up front with the submission of the permit application. Review of the application cannot begin until fees are paid.
Permit fees shall be paid when the permit is issued.
Certificate of Completion / Certificates of Occupancy
Certificates of Completion and / or Certificates of Occupancy fees shall be paid when your project is complete and they are issued. Additional fees from the Fire Marshal may apply based on your project.
Before a CO can be issued, you must provide:
- STAMPED approved plans on a CD or flash drive
- A list of all sub-contractors including business name, address and phone number
- All required fees
Effective July 1, 2008 all Residential and General Contractors will be required to be licensed in the state of Georgia. For further information please see the Secretary of States website.
Ultimately the property owner is responsible for what happens on their property. Ensuring that your contractors have all proper permits, licenses and certificates is your responsibility. Building Permits must be displayed so as they are in full view from the street in front of your property.
Please note that this information is not all-inclusive. Please contact the Peachtree City Building Department at (770) 487-8901 for more information regarding the permitting process.