Permits are required for accessory structures such as decks, detached carports, detached garages, gazebos, pergolas, sheds, etc.. Peachtree City does not regulate children's play equipment.
- Construction plans (required for any structure 200 square feet or larger. Applications for smaller pre-fabricated sheds do not require construction plans.) View the FAQ Brochures in the right-side menu on this page for specific plan details that must be included in your submittal. You may submit pages 3 & 4 filled out with your dimensions in lieu of construction plans.
- Site plan drawn on a plat or survey. Make sure to label distances from property lines, easements and existing structures.
- Erosion Control plans are required for any work done within 200 feet of State Waters.
- Letters of approval from the Fayette Water System and the Peachtree City Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) if required
- Construction Approval form from the Fayette Department of Health if lot has a septic system.
- Accessory structures shall blend with the colors of the primary structure or be earth tones
- You may not conduct commercial activities in the structure
- Storage of flammable materials must occur at least 20 feet from the primary structure
- You may not live in the accessory structure
- All accessory structures must be out of the property's side and rear setbacks. Accessory structures may only encroach into the rear setback (but be at least 3-feet from the rear property line) if one of the following are met:
- The rear lot line is at least 50 feet wide and the structure is 100 square feet or less AND is no taller than 8-feet from the ground at its eave and no taller than 12-feet from the ground at the highest point on the structure.
- The rear lot line is at least 100 feet wide and the structure(s) is 125 square feet or less, AND is no taller than 8-feet from the ground at its eave and no taller than 12-feet from the ground at the highest point on the structure.