December 5, 2023, Run-Off Election Incomplete Results
(12 out of 12 locations reporting)
Number of Votes
Johnson, Laura Plauché
Moore, Tamara Allen
Total Number of Votes Casted
In their policy-making capacity, the City Council is authorized to perform the following functions:
- Allocate taxes levied by Fayette County
- Establish Millage rate for the City of Peachtree City
- Direct and control all property located within Peachtree City
- Establish, alter, or abolish Peachtree City roads and bridges
- Fill vacancies in Peachtree City offices unless others are empowered to do so
- Examine, settle, and allow claims against the City of Peachtree City
- Examine and audit the accounts of all officers having the care, management, keeping, collection or disbursement of money belonging to the City of Peachtree City
- Establish the costs of licenses
What offices will be elected?
City Council Post 1 and City Council Post 2, all positions of the Mayor and Council are non-partisan positions.
How long is the term?
The term ends December 31, 2027
When can I announce my candidacy for office?
A candidate may announce at any time but must register with the City Clerk’s office before accepting any campaign contributions with a Declaration of Intent. Regular reports on campaign funds and expenditures will also be required.
When is the Qualifying Period?
Qualifying begins at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, August 21, 2023 and ends at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2023.
What forms are due in addition to the qualifying affidavits?
All forms are filed at the City Clerk’s office:
- DOI - Declaration of Intent to Accept Campaign Contributions (must be filed before accepting any contributions)
- RC – Registration of a Campaign Committee (if you will have a committee working for your campaign)
- NOC - Notice of Candidacy and Affidavit – This is the Qualifying Form due September 14-16th
- CCDR– Campaign Contribution Disclosure Report
- Affidavit of $2,500 or less in total contributions eliminates filing requirement
- If contributions/expenditures exceed $2,500 but are less than $5,000, Candidate shall be required to file the 06/30 and 12/31 reports
- If no affidavit has been filed, the Candidate shall file per the following schedule: 01/31, 04/30, 06/30, 09/30, 10/25 and 12/31 or for special elections 15 days prior to the election date and 12/31. Additional reports may be required if there is a run-off.
- PFDR – Personal Financial Disclosure Report – due 15 days after the candidate’s qualifying date.
Contact the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission (www.ethics.ga.gov) for more information on filing requirements and forms.
What is the qualifying fee?
The qualifying fee for a Council Post is $432. This is 3% of the annual 2023 salary for these seats and is the minimum amount required by State law.
What other qualifications do I have to meet?
A candidate must be at least 21 years old, registered, and eligible to vote in the election, and must be a Peachtree City resident for at least six months prior to the election.
If elected, what salary would I receive?
City Council members receive $14,400 per year in monthly installments.
What is the voter registration deadline for the election?
Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at 5 pm
What time do the polls open/close on Election Day?
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on each Election Day. However, any voter who is in line waiting to vote at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote. Early voting and advance voting will also be held by the Fayette County Board of Elections in accordance with state law.
Can I wear a campaign button into the polling place?
No person may campaign; distribute literature of written or printed matter of any kind; wear campaign buttons, signs, pins, stickers, T-shirts, etc.; circulate petitions, or perform similar activities within 150 feet of the building in which a polling place is located.
Where can I obtain additional information?
Peachtree City Code of Ordinances
Georgia Secretary of State
www.sos.state.ga.us or 404-656-2871
Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission
www.ethics.ga.gov or 404-463-1980
Fayette County Elections Office
www.fayettecountyga.gov/elections or 770-305-5408
City Clerk’s Office - Peachtree City City Hall
151 Willowbend Road, Peachtree City
Yasmin Julio, City Clerk
Stacey Collins, Deputy City Clerk