Welcome to the Peachtree City Fire Rescue Department Online Burn Permit
. Clear your browser history before using this page as bookmarked pages may not work correctly.
Due to the new State Law regarding Outdoor Burning, some of our requirements have changed.
Please read the following guidelines:
Commercial Burning is NOT PERMITTED in Peachtree City.
- The safest method of burning is by using a commercially available metal burn container or barrel.
- An open fire MUST be 50 feet for any structure including fences, decks, and outbuildings.
- A burn container or barrel MUST be 25 feet from any structure including fences, decks, and outbuildings.
- All fires MUST be at least 25 feet from the woodline. Woodlines would be any wooded area that is not an island.
- Burn Permits MUST be obtained daily and are good only on the date issued. Permits expire at sunset daily.
- Burn piles may not be larger than 5 feet by 5 feet and 3 feet high.
- Only the burning of garden trash, yard debris, and brush are permitted. The burning of garbage, rubbish, tires, household items, construction debris, treated lumber, adhesives, paints, stains, plastics, foam, and other products is prohibited.
- The use of flammable or combustible liquids to start or fuel a fire is prohibited.
- The fire MUST be attended at all times until it is completely extinguished.
- Fire extinguishing equipment such as a charged garden hose, shovel, rake, or shovel shall be readily available.
- Fires must be fully extinguished by nightfall.
When the information is complete, please press submit. It is required that a printed or digital copy be kept on site.