2. How often are jobs updated?
3. Should I apply for the job?
4. How can I apply for a job?
You may choose any of the options below to apply for a job:
5. When will you contact me about my application?
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. For this reason, please do not contact us about the status of your job application. Further contact will be made to you ONLY if you are selected for an interview and/or testing for the position(s) for which you have applied.
6. How long does it normally take before I am scheduled for an interview (if selected for an interview)?
On average, it takes two to four weeks for us to review and schedule interviews for selected applicants. In some cases, this process may take longer.
7. If I find another job that I want to apply for at a later date, will I have to complete another application?
Yes, you will be required to fill out another application at that time. You will need to fill out an application for each posted open position for which you wish to apply.
8. Is an application required, or can I just submit my resume?
All applicants will be required to fill out an application. A resume may be attached ONLY as additional information.
Please fill out the application form completely. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Other job-related information such as resumes, letter of recommendations, etc. may be attached to your application, but these documents will NOT substitute for any information requested on your application. Failure to answer all questions fully and accurately may result in the rejection of your application. Additional documents provided during the hiring process (e.g. letters of recommendation, examples of work product, etc.) become the property of the City of Peachtree City and will NOT be returned.
9. Are the application and resume the only items that are required to apply for a job?
Additional supplements are required for Police and Fire applicants. Refer back to the job posting to determine what supplements are required. Police and Fire will not consider your application if any supplement is missing.
10. Are there any conditions that must be met before I can be hired?
Hiring for final applicants will be contingent upon completion of a successful post-offer screening. Also, please be aware that if you are made a job offer and accept, you are required to provide acceptable documentation to establish your identity and your eligibility to work (per the Immigration Reform and Control Act). A list of acceptable documents may be requested from Human Resources.
11. How long do jobs remain available?
Some job advertisements will indicate a specific closing date. Others will state “Open Until Filled” which means that the position may close at any time, depending on where we are in the process.